Role of Parents
Expectations from Parents With Parents Picture
- To become familiar with the school philosophy, rules, expectations for students by reading student/parent handbook.
- To support the school discipline program by teaching the school rules to their children at home.
- To publicly say good things about the school and to tell the administration the things that should be improved.
- To hold high expectations for their children, both academically and socially, and inform their children of their expectations.
- To teach the value of good discipline by setting rules and limits at home.
- To maintain regular communication with the school through formal and informal conferences with teachers and to be willing and available to discuss problems as they arise.
- To talk positively about your child’s school and teacher.
- To develop a partnership between your child’s teacher and yourself by visiting your child’s teacher.
- To be prepared to assist teachers if your child begins to behave inappropriately.
- To attend parent-teacher conferences when scheduled.